Thursday, October 09, 2008

October Challenge - 1 week in

I had my Weight Watchers meeting tonight. I lost 1.8 pounds the past week for a grand total of 18 pounds altogether. It has taken me eleven weeks to lose 18 pounds - which the WW people tell me is above average of WW participants. It feels very slow to me. However, I am encouraged that I've stuck with this for 11 weeks now.

The meeting topic tonight was "soup." And I stopped by the grocery store on the way home and bought the ingredients to make some wonderful soup. And it IS wonderful. Only 3 points per bowl. So good - and healthy. It'll be my main dish at lunch and dinner for the next few days.

There was a WW leader-in-training at the meeting tonight - a very nice looking man who handled the first part of the meeting. Probably mid-fifties. He said he and his wife had just celebrated their 31st anniversary yesterday. He had lost 80 pounds. He showed the photo of himself taken a couple years ago - and he doesn't even look like the same person now. It reminded me of some of The Biggest Loser folks - how after losing weight their faces have angles that were hidden behind layers of fat previously. He provided some much needed inspiration for me.

There was a woman sitting behind me who talked to the woman next to her - loud enough for everyone in the room to overhear the conversation. This is her third time at WW - last time she lost 150 pounds, but then gained it all back. GAINED BACK 150 POUNDS!! Then she started talking a out all her physical problems. I wish I could provide you with a good imitation. It would have made a hilarious comedy routine. She started listing physical ailments - in detail - and the list seemed endless.

I haven't exercised (i.e. walked) as much as I would have liked this week, but I'm still on track to make the Monthly Marathon.

No comments: