Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Joan's Update

I have been very busy lately and haven't been home much to post my progress here or to write for Daddy's Roses. My (I probably should say "our" because Jim walked almost all of this with me) total for the month of March was 64.9 miles. Most of that was walking tours during our trip to the Mediterranean.

Since the beginning of this month, I have been home seldom and have had to spend a lot of time in the car. Most of my exercise has been acheived by going up and down to and from the attic, packing boxes and push-pulling them around and stacking them, and other moving-related activity. I spent 5 days with my daughter's family and took her 3 children for a walk every day around the block in their community for a total of 5 miles.

Terrell and Sheila are doing SO Well! Way to go, Terrell and Sheila!!! And I am really enjoying the pics Terrell is posting of their treks around town. I am jealous of their proximity to such a scenic walking route! I won't try to use the lack of one as an excuse for my lethargy, however.
I hereby promise to get off my (let's see -- what is an acceptable term here?) "couch" and get serious about the marathon again.

No comments: